16 January 2013

Welcome to Preethi's Vegetable Plate

Dear Visitor,

Welcome to Preethi's Vegetable Plate.


“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
― Virginia Woolf, A Room of One's Own


Being a foodie, cooking has been my interest and passion for years (well, honestly after marriage!!). This blog is a space used for sharing my culinary experiments. I am a person with great interest in cooking and in learning new recipes/improving known recipes !!! This blog initiative is an attempt to share whatever knowledge I have about various recipes, cooking tips, kitchen techniques that I have learnt over the years after numerous cookery attempts (whether successful or failure) and make it available to others, in hope that it would benefit someone
somewhere at sometime.

Cooking is an Art, it is not rocket science. Learning this art well, needs little bit of perseverance, interest and tolerance. My every cookery trial, is a step forward in my venture to master this art.

Being a vegetarian, this blog has been started purely as a site for Indian vegetarian cuisine (I am sorry, Non-Vegetarians!!!). Both South-Indian and North-Indian dishes are shared in my blog with pictures on step-by-step procedure, to give my viewers a better visual understanding of how the recipe is prepared. There are various categories in this blog, and more categories will be added in the future. Majority of the recipes in this blog is "health consciously" prepared.

This blog is mainly an inspiration from those friends who always enjoyed my cooking and from hubby dear who has constantly over the years, encouraged and relished my food with words of praises (at least in front of me) for my every single culinary experiment, regardless of its outcome, with a big smile on his face, which made me believe that I am a good cook. 


I thank my mother, for being a big help in teaching me cooking over emails and phone calls, tirelessly. 

Also there are other family members (MIL, chitti, perimma etc), friends and internet from whom I have learnt many trivials and essentials of cooking. Their every single idea, tip, technique, shortcut from their experience, helped me improve my culinary skills steadfastly. So, my thank list is endless...

I encourage you to go over my site and if you find any recipe very useful and interesting, please try it out and post your comments on the site, as your comments will be encouraging to both me (to try more new recipes) and to other visitors (to try out my recipes).

To subscribe to my blog and get regular updates of my new recipe directly into your inbox, enter your email address and click Submit at the end of this blog page.

Also, to search for any recipe in my blog, you can use the search box found at the bottom of my blog page and find your interested recipes.

There is room for lots of improvement in whatever we do, this blog is no exception to that. If you have any comments to better my blog/recipes, you're ideas are most welcome. It will be certainly valued, reviewed and implemented.

Thanks for visiting my blog and welcome you to visit my blog anytime again.
 

Eat Healthy, Live Healthy !!!!!

Thanks & Regards,
Preethi Prem

33 comments:

  1. Hi Preethi: First of all hats off to you for putting this website together..This is a great site for those who are learning to cook (like me)as well as to those who would like to improve their culinary skills (again me :-))..Keep posting more recipes..I just love the fact that you are also posting the health benefits of each recipe which will certainely motivate everyone to eat healthy. Great job dear..Swaathi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Swathi, Thanks for your encouraging post, you are the first commenter in my blog:-) do try out my recipes and give me your feedback here, so it motivates others....

      My thought to put the health benefits, is to make my viewers more health conscious and encourage them eating healthy food. Hope my mission works !!!

      Keep coming here more often :-)

      Delete
    2. I will try some of these recipes in the near future and let you know how it turned out...In the meantime keep posting more recipes..I would definitely like to see step-by-step procedure of Vangibath..this recipe has always been a goofup in my hands and it helps to know how it is properly done...So consider including this recipe in the blog at somepoint in the future...

      Delete
    3. Hi Anonymous, Thanks for your comments....Vangibath once upon a time was my favourite recipe (why in the past because nowadays I stopped doing it for no apparent reasons). Sure, your post tempts me to try my once-loved recipe again...sometime in the future I will do this and share the recipe with you.....I hope you can wait.....by the way, feel awkward to address you anonymous, pls identify yourself :))

      Delete
    4. Vangibath recipe request was from Swaathi :-)

      Delete
    5. Sure swathi, I will post this recipe in the future....

      Delete
    6. Preethi..when u post vangibath's recipe in the future, kindly include the pictures..I would definitely like to see a stepwise pictures of how this dish is prepared so that it will help me figure out what I am doing wrong that makes this dish a total disaster :-)Swaathi

      Delete
    7. Swathi, I have your vangibath request in mind. It's just that am not getting the right time to do it. When I post that recipe , i will make sure to send the step by step photo for it for a better understanding..just give me little more time. Trust me, it is an easy recipe. You will master it in no time :-)


      Delete
  2. Hi Preethi! Brilliant set of recipes, now we know the story behind all the home made delicacies we get to taste :)
    I'm sure we will all attempt at least one dish some time some day! And you will have feedback coming up real soon!
    Good job with the blog and hoping to see new additions too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Val, Thanks for your comments, yep, hope this blog benefits ppl like you......the hidden mission of this blog is to convert all non-vegetarians to vegetarians....ha ha ha....do try out my recipes and feedback whenever you can.

      Delete
  3. Great going... all the very best dear.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rekha for your wishes...do try out these recipes sometime and post your comments...

      Delete
  4. Hi Preethi,

    Fantastic job. When did you start this blog? So many recipes wow. will try one by one. Thanks preethi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sreemathi, I started work on this blog a month or two back, but launched it only yesterday. Do try my recipes and feedback...it would certainly be encouraging for me & for others...

      Delete
  5. Wow Preethi !!!
    After the innumerable times I have bugged u in the past to send me ur recipes on email .... U have come up with this brilliant idea ....
    I think u shud thank me for that ;-)
    I am super thrilled to have this khazaana of recipes ...
    Vinita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Vintia, finally I know that you still exists in this planet.... :-)) Thanks for your comments....yep, this blog is for friends like you , with whom I kept sharing recipes often.....Just made your job of searching my recipes easy :-) hope u find this blog useful, do try and give me proper feedback whenever you can....

      Delete
  6. Great going Preety.
    It was a delicious experience venturing into your world of cooking. Hats off to ur patience in posting step by step pictures for many of your recipies which helped me understand the recipies more easily. Infact, the pictures made ur recipies colorful and lively. Hmm.. will surely try those mouth watering recipies and keep you posted on the outcome.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anonymous, thanks for your encouraging comments, I only wish I could recognise you :-) Pls identify yourself....I felt giving a visual effect to my cooking would be better way to relate to my recipes than just read them...will be uploading more recipe photos in the coming days, keep watching this space for more new recipes in the future & keep visiting too....

      Delete
  7. Hi di Preethi! Mabrook for exploring the Cooking World with your new venture - "Vegetable Plate"!! Great job da!! Mouth Watery dishes!! Was expecting this from u long back. Better late than never!! So will not pick my phone anymore, to hear ur recipe which i usually do. But here, Vahrehvah - a visual treat with their step by step process n procedure.. Hats of to u for incorporating the Medicinal Values of the Ingredients and their Health Benefits. Loved ur tips portion too.. Super ma.. Will be trying one by one. To start with, gonna try your Yam Fry tomorrow..Cheers n keep posting!! - Aparna.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Aparna, Thanks a lot for your comments....I am thrilled to see that someone is actually going to try out my recipe sooo soon...you be the first one to try and post your feedback here aparna :-) would love to hear how the yam fry turned out.

    In this part of the world, health is easily getting spoilt (thanks to our lifestyle) and we really don't take food seriously, the health benefits part is an attempt to make ppl realise how valuable every vegetable is and to encourage them to go more vegetable way than junk food way...so let us start eating healthy and live healthy :-) Keep visiting this space for more updates in the future and keep trying...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. S Preethi, will definitely try all ur recipes one by one. Yam fry turned absolutely delicious today. V all thoroughly enjoyed..Was a super combo for my araichuvitta sambar.. Keep posting lots of innovative recipes. Will try one by one.. Thanks, Aparna.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for your feedback aparna, I hope it encourages others to try this yam masala fry for araichu vitta sambar, an awesome combo !!!!!

      Delete
  9. Hi Preethi! Congrats....i will definitely try your mouthwatering dishes. Lots of love Lekha♥♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lekha, please try out the recipes here and awaiting your feedback.

      Delete
  10. Congratulations Preethi,for this new blog.Will definitely try your recipes.All the best and keep adding on new recipes.Manisha G.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Manisha, Thanks for your wishes. Do try your favourite recipes from here and leave a comment after your trial. Sure, I will keep adding more recipes to this site in coming days...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you very much for the receipe preeti.
    I liked The way how you showed the receipes.It's easy and understandable.
    No need to read the stories.we can make by looking at pictures.
    Even starters feel that cooking is very easy after seeing your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Swathi, hope my recipes are of help to you. Whenever you try them, don't forget to let me know its outcome here.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I tried onion chutney preeti.It's very good.
    Thanks a lot preeti.

    Regards,
    Swathi

    ReplyDelete
  15. Swathi thanks for trying my Onion Coconut chutney, am glad to hear it turned out well. You can also try my other chutneys and other varieties too and do drop in your feedback here.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Excellent blog!! This will certainly help all guys who live away from family...awesome keep going!!! wish you good luck!! We are going to try some of your recipes next few days! Looking for different kulambu varieties as that's what something i am searching net because mostly regular kulambu types are started to get boring :)

    Best Regards,
    Shunmugam & Sowmya

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Shumugam and Sowmya, Thanks for your comments. Sure, I am also equally interested in trying some new kozhambu(s) and sambar(s) for a change, will be posting some of the different varieties sometime soon....Drop your feedback here, whenever you try out my recipes.....thanks!!!! Keep watching this space regularly....there is more to come !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. replica zara bags hermes fake t2w16x4k48 replica bags vuitton replica bags wholesale Home Page c5u30j3w93 replica bags in pakistan replica bags toronto i was reading this e7r70x8b89 replica bags supplier

    ReplyDelete